My Grandmas Corn Bread Recipe
You should have these ingredients
- two cups of flour
- two cups of cornmeal /Polenta
- two eggs (you have to beat em)
- a pinch of backing powder
- two big pinches of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- an lots of butter about a cup or so (melt it first)
- a half cup of heavy cream
- a half cup of butter milk
My Grandmas instructions
- Warm your oven up to 425F (I guess about 220C).
- First mix flour, cornmeal, backing powder, sugar and salt.
- Stir up that dry stuff, beat those eggs in there, add the milk in that stuff and then throw in that melted butter.
- You really should bake it in a heavy pan Iron if you have it.
- Bake it for about 20-25 minutes until it's brown on the top. And if you stick a knife in it, it should come out nice and clean.
My Grandmas best compliments!
You can eat it with salad, or for breakfast or just plain, and hot with butter and jam or honey! Sometimes my Grandma would add cracklings in the batter as an extra treat! Yummy!
Come back next month and we will talk about BBQ Chicken, Baaaby!
Now tell your mama I said hi!
Für weitere Informationen.....